July 7 is one of our favorite days of the year at Cornerstone Cookie Gifts – World Chocolate Day! In honor of the holiday, we’ve listed five fun facts about chocolate you probably didn’t know:
- The scientific name for cacao tree is “Theobroma cacao,” which translates to, “cacao, food of the Gods.”
- Approximately 100 pounds of chocolate is consumed in the United States every second (USA Today).
- Chocolate milk can speed up the recovery process after exercise (Medicine and Sports Science).
- It takes roughly 400 cacao beans to make one pound of chocolate.
- The consumption of dark chocolate can reduce the risk of heart disease by one-third (Live Science).
Now for the sweeter information – here are five treats you can order from Cornerstone Cookie Gifts to celebrate the holiday on July 7:
Chocolate Velvet Cake – Atlanta Only
Chocolate Chocolate Cupcake – Atlanta Only
We hope you choose to celebrate the holiday with Cornerstone Cookie Gifts! Contact us to discuss and specific order instructions.